Host an Event
CEWC 2017 Community Collaboration Fund Program is administered by Credit Canada Debt Solutions. The Program supports CCDS’s mandate by assisting community agencies in creating financial literacy awareness and helping the Canadian consumer to learn about and look after their personal finances with the ultimate goal of financial wellness.
CEWC 2017 provides funding to community-based events that foster financial wellness. The primary intention is to create concrete opportunities for interaction in as many communities as possible across Canada. Applications will be considered from August 22nd to September 29th, 2017.
Funding is provided for events that support the following:
- Promote financial literacy through social media and interpersonal and interactive events.
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, and associations
- Colleges, Universities and high schools
- Canadian Aboriginal organizations
- Maximum funding to be given for hosting an event is $700
Eligible events must:
- Demonstrate involvement through more than one community event and establish concrete opportunities for positive interaction among participants
- Help foster financial literacy wellness
- Be open to and intended for the general public
Some examples of eligible types of events:
- Community-based celebrations, cultural groups, including in support of Financial Literacy Month
- A “lunch and learn” or event for young people, organized by school groups or organizations such as after school programs
- Dialogues that bring together representatives of Canada’s financial industry
- Public education events that foster financial literacy wellness